Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy
We represent individuals, businesses, and creditors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings. We will comprehensively review your financial situation to determine what options are best for you. Some of the issues we will address are as follows:
- Analyzing income and expenses
- Analyzing assets and liabilities
- Preplanning and asset structuring
- Business restructuring or closure
- Providing alternatives to bankruptcy
- Choosing the correct chapter to file
- Preparing and filing the petition and corresponding papers
- Attending the meeting of creditors
- Prosecuting or defending against avoidance actions
Debt Negotiations & Workouts
We offer knowledgeable representation for both Debt Negotiations and workouts that involve credit card companies, debt collection agencies, banks, businesses, and individuals.
- Negotiating the modification of loan or mortgage terms
- Restructuring debts payoffs and loan forgiveness
- Adding payments on the back end of a note
- Changing interest rates (adjustable rate / fixed rate)
- Increasing the number of years allotted to pay off the loan
- Reviewing and determining your rights under contract provisions
- Negotiating and litigating contract disputes
Business Formation & Development
Many different business entities exist. Each entity is governed by different rules and laws that may benefit or be a disadvantage to you and your goals. We will sit down with you, review your goals, and determine the business structures necessary to obtain your business goals. We will not allow you to walk out of the door without knowing the formalities required to properly run your business.
- Choosing the correct business form
- Preparing the paperwork necessary to form the proper business structure
- Assessing the strength and viability of your business
- Structuring the sale and acquisition of your business
- Planning and structuring the exit and succession of your business
- Reviewing, protecting, and prosecuting business structures through the UFTA
Commercial Law & Contracts
During financially difficult times, stress is often caused by contractual issues. In order to relieve yourself of these issues, we can sit down with you and discuss your negotiation and litigation options. To minimize your future contractual issues, we will draft and review contracts that meet your needs.
DISCLAIMER / MUST READ: This site (www.GreenwellLawOffice.com) and its blog is used to convey general information about our business practices and services and provide visitors and clients with useful and interesting information. Any tax information contained on this site was not intended to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax provisions. The information presented on this site shall not be construed as legal, tax or accounting advice and should not be acted upon without further professional advice. The information presented is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or corporation. We make an effort to provide accurate and timely information, but cannot guarantee that information published on any day will be accurate or timely the following day. All information is provided “as is,” without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied. “Debt relief agent” as defined under federal law. We help people file bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code.